Tuesday, February 8, 2011

From ZERO to 40 in four days


While my car SEEMED to be as cold as this photo depicts this morning, there was no evidence of freezer burn on the dashboard.  It was -8 degrees on my way to work, and right now we are at the "high" for the day which is ZERO degrees.  But we should be able to break out the shorts and suntan lotion by the weekend, when the highs will be in the mid 40's.  Though as cold as it has been, it has still been a milder winter compared to last year when we had the same 3+ feet of snow on the ground from mid December until mid APRIL.  So I'll add an extra scarf and mittens and smile in the face of frigidity (is that even a word?). 

5 comments:

Deb said...

that picture is just scary! keep warm! hugs Debx

Bev Gerard said...

Please tell me that is NOT the inside of your car!! OMGosh! We need Spring!

AKiteFlier said...

Lillian - I hope this isn't YOUR car! LOL BUt I loved your title - we've gotten hit pretty hard here in Northern IL this winter but normally we're not too bad. The Lake actually pushes snow away from us most of the time. ANyhow thanks for the wonderfully sweet comments on my blog - good luck with the anniversary candy! and thanks for making me SMILE today!!!
Hugs~

Anne Harada said...

oh my word...this picture says it all!! Wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and being so sweet! I appreciate it and am totally enjoying myself browsing your blog today! Take care my friend!

Hugs,
Anne

Holly said...

hehe... where do you live? i'm in northern manitoba, and let me just tell you.. zero would be nice! We are living in -40 degree weather.. car barely starts on a daily basis! :S

hope the crafting warms your heart! :D