Thursday, July 14, 2011

Why Didn't I Think Of That??!!

I found this photo on Pinterest and thought it was the MOST ingenious idea I've seen in a long time.  Seriously, I can just picture the child looking on the kitchen counter at some spaghetti and hot dogs and sticking the pasta pieces into the hotdogs thinking they are tinker toys or the like.  And then mom, wanting to be frugile, throws everything into a boiling pot of water.  INGENIOUS!  And I can already hear the giggles from around the dinner table when I put a plate of pasta and franks in front of my family!



 

5 comments:

Shar said...

AWESOME!!! Gonna do this!!

Shar

Sandy O said...

WOW, so different and fun. Your mom has a fabulous idea here. They look so yummy.

Kimberly said...

My sister recently did this at her daycare and the kids loved it!

Wordbird said...

Oh my stars...what a cute post! Thanks for sharing. ;D

Jessi Fogan said...

My hubby saw this picture a few weeks ago & forbid me to make them. He wanted the credit & glory when the kids saw how awesome they are. My advice - first, careful. Spaghetti breaks easy. Pick a fast-cooking one or your wieners will get icky. It takes longer than you think, even with two of us doing it, so don't put the assembled ones in the water until they're all done. (learned THAT from experience...) and last, be prepared to make them again because my kids have asked for them every weekend since.
So, did you make them? Did they like them??