Monday, December 10, 2012

Whole Foods!



One of our FAVORITE places to shop is Whole Paycheck Foods!  They have THE BEST produce ... hands down!!  And if you're looking for a "specialty" ingredient, most assuredly they carry it.  Not that I would EVER make a recipe requiring saffron ... not at $40 an ounce.  They have samples throughout the store if you go on a weekend!  Fine cheeses, homemade gelato, bakery items still warm from the oven.  They make a lobster bisque that rivals any I've had on the east or west coast.  There is ONE indulgence that I always get when we go ... from their deli, they have a curry chicken salad that I could seriously subsist on if that was the only thing I could ever eat again. Flavors to make your tastebuds dance in pure delight.  Definitely not for the weak at heart if you don't like heavy spice, but if curry makes you sit up and take notice, then this is something you MUST try sometime soon.  Spoiler Alert - this salad goes for $19/lb. but they will sell it by the 1/4 pound package.  If there is anyone out there that has a recipe for this heavenly dish that they want to share, I would be forever in your debt!

Heading into work this morning, the radio announcer said that it has been 248 days since we had snow ... not sure why they think this is a bad thing, except that the farmers will be complaining come next planting season.  But ANY day without snow is one day less of winter in my book.  But don't get me wrong.  There is nothing lovelier than snow falling ... I just don't like to "have to" drive in it.  So if I could just sit back with a good novel, fireplace roaring, cup of hot cider and no where that I have to be, it's the most wonderful time of the year!!



No comments: