Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's that magical time of year!


Hard to beleive that we are well into December and the most magical time of the year is just a few weeks away ... here are a few of my favorite things about December.



While I absolutely hate driving in hazardous conditions, I do love to sit and watch it snowing ... from a comfy chair ... with the fireplace roaring ... and a cup of hot cocoa in hand ... there is nothing for beautiful than a blanket of pristine snow covering everything around.



And while we haven't had a REAL christmas tree in many years, one of my favorite holiday smells in fresh pine ... love walking past the trees for sell and just inhaling this amazing aroma ... it conjurs up images of Christmas past.  Although growing up I do remember the infamous aluminum tree with a rotating colored disk ... did any of you have these when you were growing up?


I'm not sure who invented this concept or why it became so popular back in the '60's, but my dad was famous for getting any new "gadget" on the market and this was our holiday tree for several years.  But one of my fondest memories is when we had a real tree and mom would hang tinsel ... one strand at a time, on the branches ... it was amazing when she was done. 





1 comment:

Diane said...

Love all the pictures Lillian, I think we had one of the colored Christmas tree light wheels on our tree also. Brings back fun memories.

Hugs Diane