Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm married to a senior citizen.


My dear husband turned 65 this past Sunday.  I thought I would help him embrace his becoming a "senior" with a few advantages he now has over the rest of us young whippersnappers.


Some Advantages To Turning 65


People no longer consider you a hypochondriac.

Your assorted joints can forecast weather changes.

No one expects you to run into a burning building.

There's nothing left to learn the hard way.

Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them.

In a hostage situation you're likely to be released first.

You enjoy hearing about other people's operations.

Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks in the room.

Kidnappers are not very interested in you.

Your eyes won't get much worse.

You can sing along with elevator music.

Happy Birthday, Honey!  Looking forward to spending my golden years with you ... but you have a while to wait for me (grinning).

No comments: