Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Dear Sister!

This post is to wish my sister, Gloria, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  She turns 50 today ... she used to be my younger sister, but lately she's catching up and will soon be my older sister (grin).  We've shared giggles and belly laughs, we've fought and made up, we've been there for each other and have shared in family joys and sorrows.  Gloria is a breast cancer survivor and is our family's health matriarch.  My dad has been in and out of the hospital the past several weeks, and Gloria is the one who makes sure the doctors treat him right and that he gets what he needs.  Gloria also LOVES family, and will drop whatever she is doing to spend time with her nieces and nephews or ANYONE else that might call!  Just this past summer she became a grandma for the first time and is having the time of her life with her granddaughter, Avlyn.  She loves to garden, papercraft, is the secretary to a local hot air balloon association, and she and her hubby, Luckie, host the family's Thanksgiving dinner every year!  This past year she organized a monthly family dinner event for all cousins, aunts, uncles, etc., and it's been such a great event for all of us. I could go on, but I don't want her to get a big head so I'll just close by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sis!




1 comment:

Gloria said...

WOW, what a great birthday message! Thanks Sis