Monday, July 2, 2012

We're having a heat wave!


I just knew that having SUCH a mild winter and early beautiful spring would come back to haunt us ... and it has ... with a vengence!  Temps this week are going to be at or near the 100 degree mark !!  So it's probably hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk!




I moved AWAY from Arizona because I didn't like the extreme hot weather.  And here I am in the midwest having to endure this oppressive heat!  I'm thinking that maybe it has something to do with all that heat coming off the screen and bouncing off the women in the audience with the permier of Magic Mike?


 


I'm actually going to see that with a good friend of mine this week ... of course, I'm expecting oscar winning acting and a good plot with a twist.  LOL!


So right now I'm thinking of running out and purchasing a snow cone machine ... and just standing under it !!




I remember having these as a kid and always being disappointed once I had sucked out all of the flavoring and all that was left was ice.  I think I even had one of the original "snoopy" snow cone machines where you dropped in a single ice cube and had to turn the crank SEVERAL times in order to get maybe a tablespoon of shaved ice ... but what the heck ... it didn't take much to impress us kids back in the 1960's !!


But whatever your favorite way to escape the heat is, have a great week ahead and a safe July 4 celebration!

2 comments:

whoistracy said...

You know- the funny thing is I actually want to see that movie, too! LOL You'll have to let me know how you enjoyed it!

Kathy said...

I had the snowman snow cone machine, we thought that was awesome back in the day. By the time you had enogh for a big cone, most of it was melted, LOL. Those were great days!!