Friday, October 8, 2010

Holiday Card and New Technique


I had a bit of time this morning before meeting my daughter for sushi, so I created a holiday card. This is not an original, as I saw this design on one of the blogs I frequent. I loved the look and wanted to create something similar. I used removable 1 inch masking tape to mask off a large square. I then used Tim Holtz distress ink in Peeled Paint and shaded in the square, with a bit more color on the edges. Using the same peeled paint, I took a SU tree stamp and inked off once and then stamped light images in the background. Then I removed all the tape leaving the colored box. I inked up the tree stamp again and stamped the single tree image. I just received a supply of hug snug seam binding, so I used the peeled paint color to ink the seam binding and then spritzed it with water and scrunched it. After drying for about 10 minutes I then just tied a double bow and attached to card, along with the holiday sentiment.

5 comments:

Gloria said...

Very cool card!

Beate said...

Lovely Christmas card.
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Lillian, this card is so pretty...I need to go buy some of that seam binding too! I'm browsing around here today, and you've got some fabulous ideas...keep sharing them!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Lillian!
Just be-bopping by. Thanks for the invitation.
Love your Christmas card. It's so pretty.

Teri

Stephanie said...

Lillian, Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower and for your nice comments! I LOVE this card!