Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bueller ... Bueller? ... Bueller?

Testing ... testing. Attention. Attention. This is only a test. Had this been a REAL posting, there would be interesting personal facts of my boring daily life. As it is, you have been spared until I get this whole BLOG thing figured out. I have cards ... I have family and friends ... I have the technology ... I can make this better! (okay, so I've probably given away my age with that million dollar man reference!)



Just in case you are wondering, though - Here's the story of how I came up with the name of my blog. It was from a personal experience that happened many years ago.



My son, Mark, was in third grade, I believe (the timing is a bit blurry now) and his class was asked to do a writing assignment. They were to write a short story for english class about any subject. I got a call from the school saying that my son's paper had been picked to be read in front of the next school assembly and would I like to come and be part of the event. Well, of course. That's my boy and I want to be there for his moment of crowning glory. When he heard that I was coming to hear him read his paper, he got very upset. I thought he was just nervous for his "mom" to be at a school function. Well come to find out, he had good reason to be a bit apprehensive. Anyway, there I am, sitting in the school auditorium when they call my son's name, and he walks up to the podium. I'm so proud and smiling ear-to-ear just waiting to hear my son's composition, just knowing it is destined to become an important piece of english literature. He clears his throat and into the microphone he tells us the title of his piece ... It Came From My Mother's Meatloaf. The entire room erupted in laughter and I'm sure I turned several shades of red. I know for a fact that he liked my meatloaf, but of course I remained silent on that point as I didn't want to take away from his 15 minutes of literary brilliance. So I grinned and turned to the family sitting next to me and proudly said, "That's my son!"

1 comment:

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Maybe your next post could be the essay he wrote. The title definitely makes you want to know more. :) Thanks so much for stopping by the DRS Designs blog to enter our giveaway.