Sunday, September 12, 2010

Beginnings of Fall


I love the fall. Crisp mornings. Trees turning all sorts of colors in one last burst of beauty before they fall. And when they do fall, giggles and fun from the kids jumping into stacks of raked leaves. And the final harvests, apple orchards, football games (I had to add this for my husband's sake) hayrack rides, and the pumpkin patch. This beautiful wreath was made by my daughter-in-law, Chrysty, who has a talent for taking almost anything and making it beautiful. It's also my favorite time to bake. I love making jars of apple butter, apple pan pies, apple crisp (I'm sensing a theme there - grin). And here in the midwest another tradition is going to the apple orchards during Applejack Days and picking up bags of kettlecorn - there's nothing like it. Just enough sweet and salt to make it very hard to put down before the entire bag is consumed in one sitting. It's my husband's favorite time of year because the he knows grass cutting season is coming to an end, and just possibly that he'll be diving into his favorite baked goodie, apple pie. ENJOY the days of fall, everyone!

1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love the turning colors and the crisp are too...Not such a big fan of falling leaves, because that means lots of work for me! =) Love your thoughtful post today.