Monday, January 10, 2011

Oh, the weather outside is frightful ...

Every year I save a few vacation days just for days like this!  When the radio went off this morning and I was listening to all the school/business closings, and all the numerous accidents and road closings, I decided it was a good day NOT to venture out into the treacherous weather.  When you get to be my age you come to realize that when your day's pay isn't enough to cover your auto deductible and chances are very good that someone will be sliding into you, best to make an executive decision to stay home and out of harm's way.  Here's a pic of what it looks like from our front porch. While we only have about 5 inches so far, it is supposed to continue snowing all day and we'll end up with about 10 inches before the storm subsides.  So ... I plan on spending the day in my craft room to see what I can come up with.  I also put a roast in the crockpot for dinner so that'll be filling up the house with some fabulous aromas as well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Beautiful!

girlia said...

I am so glad I don't have as much. Take care and be safe

Gloria said...

All together now (lets sing)...

Let it snow!
Let it snow!
Let it Snow!

Carla said...

I so agree with you Lillian... we must be the same age. *smile* I too would much rather lose a days pay then have to come up with the deductible. Hugs,