Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter?? Winter?? Where Art Thou?




No, this is not a photo from my deck (I actually found it on pinterest).

... and no, we don't have ANY snow on the ground. 

And we haven't since way before Christmas. 

And we are expecting highs in the 40's and 50's for the next TEN days with NO moisture in the forecast at all.  

This is highly unusual for Nebraska.  But you won't see me shedding any tears, as while I do enjoy watching a nice snowfall on the WEEKENDs when I don't have to drive on any hazardous roads, I prefer dry pavement whenever possible!  It seems the older I get, the less comfortable I feel traveling in any sort of hazardous weather conditions. 

Anyone else feel that way? 

2 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

We didn't have any snow to speak of until New Year's Day. I was fine with the thought of going through a winter without snow, although I knew that would never really happen. I don't know anyone who enjoys driving on snow and ice. ICK.

Paper Issues said...

I'm with you. I am not complaining about the weather in Kansas City. I am just hoping we don't have snow in June. I think it's supposed to be 60 on Thursday. Enjoy your week! =)