Thursday, August 23, 2012

Aw Shucks!

Isn't it fun to live in a town all your life, and still be able to discover a diamond in the rough restaurant?  That just what my hubby and I did for lunch today.  If you live near or around the Omaha, Nebraska area, you simply must put SHUCKS on your "places to eat" list. They have THE most awesome seafood this side of Boston, hands down.  A bit on the pricey side, but fresh seafood in the Midwest is going to come with a bit of sticker shock.  It's just the price we have come to expect having no beach front property nearby.  But talk about FRESH and delicious!



What brought us to this establishment was a promotional coupon good for a free appetizer up to $9.  I have picked up fresh seafood from Absolutely Fresh Seafood in the past and knew since this restaurant was associated with this business that we could probably expect something good. We ordered the shrimp cargot … fresh large shrimp in garlic butter and covered with gouda cheese and then broiled until the cheese is gooey and crisp on top. Oh yeah .. SWIMMING (pardon the pun) in calories. It came with fresh sour dough bagettes slices for dipping. Sterling ordered their jambalaya and was NOT disappointed.  Ever since Mother's Good Food closed down years ago, we haven't found any place that compared.  Well, problem solved!!  I ordered a ½ portion shrimp po’boy sandwich with a cup of lobster bisque for my luncheon entree. Good gravy, it was beyond delicious!!!

To quote Arnold … “we’ll be back” !!!

1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

Ah!!! Now I'm hungry for seafood in the middle of a tropical storm. I can't go out and get any. LOL Thanks for the review. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'll have to check it out!!