Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lasting Friendships

What is it about some frendships that make them stand out above all the others?  I've had so many lovely ladies (and gents) come and go throughout my life, but there are those special few that have remained constant kindred spirits through my trials and tribulations. 




Those friends who you might not see or even hear from for years at a time, and then there they are on your doorstep or on the phone and it's like it was only yesterday that you were sharing a cup of coffee and laughing together over the silliest things.  I am blessed to have several of these people in my life. 




One of them I hold especially dear is my friend, Jacqui.  Jacqui and I met while working at a law firm in Tucson, Arizona some 30+ years ago.  We instantly bonded and became best buddies. At the time we were both single moms struggling just to make ends meet and hoping to find that special someone to share our lives with.





Funny that we would BOTH meet our now current husbands (my husband always rolls his eyes when I introduce him as my "current" husband) in the same honky tonk bar in Tucson ... the Maverick. 


Wet 'n Wild Beach Party!



I actually introduced Jacqui to her husband, Jim, whom I had met and befriended at the Maverick.  While there were no romantic sparks between Jim and I, I thought he was such a dear man (and if I remember correctly he could dance a mean two-step) ... so I introduced him to Jacqui.  Sparks definitely flew between them and they instantly became a couple. 




They married in Tucson shortly after that, and I must say that Jacqui was THE most BEAUTIFUL bride I think I have ever seen.  She wore this lovely western fitted lace wedding dress and she and Jim were married in a romantic scenic outdoor western setting.  It was magic.  (Jacqui - if you're reading this send me a copy of your wedding photo!)  Not long after that I moved to Phoenix for a short while and then moved here to Nebraska where my husband and I have lived ever since.  But through the years Jacqui and I have connected and remained special friends. 



She and I share a passion for arts and crafts and both love cooking.
She makes the most wonderful scented soaps ...




and I've just recently turned her on to my passion for cardmaking. 


I value Jacqui and Jim's friendship and hold them dear to my heart.  Love you guys more than bacon!  HUGS!

No comments: