Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Seven Degrees of Bacon

I was wanting to try out some some new appetizers to add to our yearly family holiday dinner, and saw a really quick and easy appetizer from The Pioneer Woman.  Wasn't sure how well it was going to be accepted, but then I should have remembered the cardinal rule, that ANYTHING with bacon will be met with 100% approval from this family!!

I was impressed by how well the bacon fat drained off and how crisp the appetizers were.   They cook for TWO HOURS in a very low oven, and it just works!

I passed these little morsels around to family members, and was immediately cornered by them wanting MORE ... who knew that 30 appetizers would not be enough??!!  Next time I will double the recipe so that everyone gets more than one piece!





Here's the link to Ree's recipe for these really YUMMY appetizers: 

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/12/flashback_1981_-_holiday_bacon_appetizers/

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

These do sound good. I was looking at this recipe before Christmas but decided to skip it because I already had enough appetizers. Thank you for the recipe review. I'm definitely going to give them a try now.

Have a great day!