Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Hope all the dads out there are having a fabulous day!  Here's a page from a family recipe album I made for my daughter and daughter-in-law several years ago.  The first photo is of my dad when my two children were little, and the second photo is of my dad with his dad back in the day.  The bottom photos are of my kids' grandfather and great grandfather on their dad's side.  I found the poem about grandpa's hands and thought it would make a nice addition for their memory book.



Today we are having the entire family over for a Father's Day bbq.  My hubby, Sterling, LOVES to cook and I must admit he has a way with baked beans and anything smoked or grilled!  Oh, and he's known for his chocolate chip cookies too!  It's supposed to be in the 90's and muggy, so we might end up staying inside where it's cool.  We have a very large basement which will hold all of us comfortably, so maybe we can pull some board games out and play.  Sterling has a mess of featherbones already in the oven and his famous baked beans are simmering in the crockpot.  He's also gonna grill up some brats and hot dogs and then everyone else is bringing a side dish (which you NEVER know what to expect - grin). So hope you all have a fabulous and relaxing day and give ALL those dads in your life a great big HUG !! 

1 comment:

girlia said...

It sounds like fun!