Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Not Feeling Very Safe!

Here's a recent pic of the NUCLEAR plant just minutes from downtown Omaha where I work.

Here's the article about it's safety - and not so safe ... http://gizmodo.com/5816414/this-nebraska-nuclear-power-plant-is-surrounded-by-floodwaters

The Corp of Engineers (who in my opinion have NOT done their job properly) have told us that the worst is yet to come. 

Thinking I need to move to Colorado and stay with my son and daughter-in-law until the waters start to recede!! 





This is going to be our rush hour traffic if the flooding continues ...





And we'll need to wear life jackets while eating dinner!!!

5 comments:

Tami B. said...

I hate to make light of such a bad situation, but your post was funny. Colorado sure sounds good. Best wishes.

Bente Fagerberg said...

That looks really frightening!
I hope things will change for the better soon!!

Gloria said...

As we know it's been a crazy weather year for many parts of the world.

We have several friends and co-workers directly effected by this current Midwest flood. It's a serious problem but because of that we do need to see the "lighter side" of the situation. Note that when we do this we are not making light of the people and what they are going through. It's just our venting outlet so that we don't go crazy worrying about all the what-if's and whens.

farmhouse-story said...

oh, my, i think colorado might be a good thing, lillian! try to stay dry:)

Unknown said...

That looks very scary and I like your upbeat attitude in the midst of this situation. :)