Sunday, May 15, 2011

30 Years Ago



It was 30 years ago I walked into a country western bar in Tucson, Arizona (the Maverick) and met the love of my life, Sterling.  And even though he couldn't line dance or even a country two step, I married him anyway.  (Note: to his credit he could do some fabulous disco dancing).  Urban Cowboy was THE movie that year and I went to this little country bar every chance I could as I loved country dancing and they had a LIVE band EVERY night that was the best I've ever heard - then and now. I even owned a couple pair of really nice boots and took dancing lessons so that I could blend in nicely on the dance floor no matter who asked me to dance.  And slow dancing that night with Sterling to Anne Murray's "Could I Have This Dance For the Rest of My Life" should have been my first clue that I was going to have a LONG history with this guy!  Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart.  We've had our share of bumps along the way, but I know you love me unconditionally and I'd be lost without you in my life.  I love you more than apple fritters!

2 comments:

Alison Jane Hann said...

Happy Anniversary!

Dawn B. said...

Happy Anniversary. This is such a sweet write up..