Thursday, February 21, 2013

Old English Crab Cheese Muffin Appetizer Recipe

I've been going through some old cookbooks and recipes given to me by friends and family, and want to get everything in a "digital" format, so I am posting and sharing them with you here on my blog.  A good friend of mine made these (many years ago) and I just came across her recipe.  These appetizers are absolutely delish and SO easy to throw together!


English Muffin Hors d'Oeuvres Recipe


CRAB-CHEESE-ENGLISH MUFFIN HORS D'OEUVRES

1 stick butter (softened) (q/w cup)

1 jar Old English cheese spread (5 oz.)

1 1/2 tsp. mayonnaise

1/2 tsp. Lawry's Seasoned Salt or 1/4 tsp garlic salt or powder

1 (7 oz.) can crab meat (or sm. pkg. frozen flaked crab)


Mix all ingredients. Spread on muffins (6 or 8 pkg.). Cut each muffin in half and then each half into eighths. Pop under broiler until bubbly. Serve while warm.

These freeze easily - and then just pop under broiler again to reheat.



No comments: